Write For MLB Trade Rumors
We’re looking to add to the MLBTR writing team, in a part-time position that pays hourly. The criteria:
- Availability to work every Sunday from 7am-3pm central time. This would be your regular weekly shift. The ability to occasionally fill in on Saturdays as well would be helpful.
- Exceptional knowledge of all 30 baseball teams, no discernible bias. Knowledge of hot stove concepts like arbitration, the competitive balance tax, and new aspects of the latest collective bargaining agreement.
- A high school degree is required, and further education is preferred. Please include your highest completed level of education in your application.
- Writing experience is necessary, and online writing experience is preferred.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow the MLBTR style and tone.
- Ability to craft intelligent, well-written posts analyzing and contextualizing MLB hot stove news quickly and concisely.
- Ability to use Twitter, Tweetdeck, and WordPress. Experience with these is strongly preferred.
- Ability to incorporate feedback to improve performance.
- If you’re interested, email email@example.com and explain how you stand out and qualify in a couple of short paragraphs. Please attach your resume to the email. We often receive several hundred applications, so unfortunately we will not be able to reply to each one.
At the end of your application, please fill in the blank: After the ____ season ends, assuming he does not sign a contract extension or go to the minors, Tigers starting pitcher Tarik Skubal will become a free agent. Rather than give an explanation, simply write, “Skubal question: [Year]” at the end.
Published at Thu, 07 Jul 2022 03:59:30 +0000