Jon Jones arrested for domestic violence, vehicle tampering just hours after UFC Hall of Fame induction

Jon Jones was arrested for domestic violence, vehicle tampering just hours after UFC Hall of Fame induction.

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has been charged with battery domestic violence and tampering with a vehicle after an incident in Las Vegas early Friday morning, as first reported by ESPN’s Marc Raimondi.

Just a few hours after his induction into the UFC Hall of Fame, Jones was arrested at an undisclosed resort near Las Vegas Boulevard and Flamingo Road before 6 a.m, according to Las Vegas Metro PD. The UFC has yet to comment on the incident and Jones’ latest legal issues.

Jones is being held at Clark County Detention Center and is currently on a 12-hour hold with a total bail of $8,000. His advisor, former Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer, released a statement to ESPN earlier today regarding the situation.

“The facts are still developing,” Schaefer told ESPN. “We don’t know yet the full story so I’m not going to make any comment until I have a chance to talk to [Jon Jones] and until we see how this all plays out.”

Jon Jones has been targeting a UFC return at heavyweight for almost two years

Jones was honored as part of the 2021 UFC Hall of Fame class for his infamous fight against Alexander Gustafsson at UFC 165. It is widely regarded as the greatest light heavyweight title fight in UFC history and helped propel Jones’ dominance in the division.

Just before the Hall of Fame ceremony, Jones told FanSided’s Amy Kaplan about how excited he was to return to the octagon and that he wasn’t worried about potential ring rust for his heavyweight debut. Jones hasn’t competed since he defeated Dominick Reyes at UFC 247 before vacating the light heavyweight title for a move to heavyweight.

This isn’t the first time Jones has had a run-in with the law. In March 2020, Jones was arrested in Albuquerque, NM. for DWI and received house arrest. He was also charged with a felony hit-and-run charge in Albuquerque back in 2015, resulting in the injury of a pregnant woman.

Published at Fri, 24 Sep 2021 20:03:32 +0000

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *