The San Francisco 49ers now will be picking No. 3, while the Dolphins are moving down the board, meaning all NFL mock drafts from before are no longer relevant.
Many believed that the Miami Dolphins would be moving from the No. 3 pick for a team that wanted a quarterback. Chris Grier made it simple; run it back with Tua Tagovailoa or trade it all for Texans’ Deshaun Watson.
For now, the Dolphins will have to wait another year for Watson, but they have the ammo to add him in 2022 and beyond.
The Dolphins traded the No. 3 pick to the San Francisco 49ers in exchange for the No. 12 pick, plus a 2022 and a 2023 first-round selection along with a 2022 third-round pick as well.
Less than an hour later, the Dolphins moved back into the top 10, trading the No. 12 pick, plus their 2022 first-round selection to the Philadelphia Eagles in exchange for pick No. 6.
San Francisco moving up this far means that they will be adding a quarterback this offseason. Despite the report that Kyle Shanahan will run it back with Jimmy Garoppolo, that could be just for 2021. And in a class this special, finding a signal-caller that meets Shanahan’s system is beyond important for the 49ers future.
All three teams have options, but what’s the right one? Whatever domino falls will lead to a shake-up with the remainder of the draft. For now, this updated first-round mock might give fans a look into draft night come April 29.
2021 Updated NFL Mock Draft
- Jacksonville Jaguars – Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson
- New York Jets- Zach Wilson, QB, BYU
- San Francisco 49ers (VIA MIA) – Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State
- Atlanta Falcons – Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida
- Cincinnati Bengals – Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon
- Miami Dolphins (VIA PHI) – DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama
- Detroit Lions – Ja’Marr Chase, WR, LSU
- Carolina Panthers – Justin Fields, QB, BYU
- Denver Broncos – Micah Parson, LB, Penn State
- Dallas Cowboys – Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama
- New York Giants – Rashawn Slater, OL, Northwestern
- Philadelphia Eagles (VIA SF) – Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina
- Los Angeles Chargers – Caleb Farley, CB Virginia Tech
- Minnesota Vikings – Alijah Vera-Tucker, IOL, USC
- New England Patriots – Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama
- Arizona Cardinals – Greg Newsome II, CB Northwestern
- Las Vegas Raiders – Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech
- Miami Dolphins – Najee Harris, RB, Alabama
- Washington Football Team – Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame
- Chicago Bears – Mac Jones, QB, Alabama
- Indianapolis Colts – Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas
- Tennessee Titans – Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota
- New York Jets (VIA SEA) – Kwitty Paye, EDGE, Michigan
- Pittsburgh Steelers – Azeez Ojulari, EDGE, Georgia
- Jacksonville Jaguars (VIA LAR) – Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU
- Cleveland Browns – Gregory Rousseau, EDGE, Miami (FL)
- Baltimore Ravens – Jaelan Phillips, EDGE, Miami (FL)
- New Orleans Saints – Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue
- Green Bay Packers – Elijah Moore, WR, Ole Miss
- Buffalo Bills – Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia,
- Kansas City Chiefs – Tevin Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma State
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Christian Barmore, DL, Alabama
Published at Sat, 27 Mar 2021 00:23:36 +0000