With the NFL season over, AP has announced their All-Pro teams.
The 2020 NFL season has come to a close in historic fashion. With the world nearly at a standstill due to the status of COVID-19, many wondered if the season would be able to commence.
Through progress and testing, all 17 weeks of the NFL season were completed, leading to 14 teams now fighting for a chance to call themselves champions. However, the gridiron can be won by a team or by a player on any given Sunday.
The Associated Press has made their decision on which superstars matter most.
The AP poll announced their selections for the 2020 All-Pro teams on Friday. Los Angeles Rams defensive lineman Aaron Donald and Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce both were unanimous selections by all voters.
Donald and Kelce lead the pack in stellar season
This will be Donald’s sixth time on the list following his role in helping the Rams finish with the top-ranked defense in the league. The 29-year-old finished with 45 total tackles, 13.5 sacks and 27.5 quarterback hits for the 10-6 club.
Kelce became the first tight end in league history to finish with five 1,000-yard seasons in his career. He also became the first tight end to finish with back-to-back seasons of 100-plus receptions. As the year came to a close, Kelce broke George Kittle’s single-season receiving yard record for a tight end with 1,416.
Aaron Rodgers, who guided the Green Bay Packers to the top seed in the NFC, earned the starting nod a quarterback, as did his go-to target Devante Adams for wide receivers after leading the NFL in receiving touchdowns with 18.
Following his record-setting 2,000-yard season, running back Derrick Henry makes the team for the first time. Stefon Diggs, who led the NFL in catches and receiving yards, also was named to the first team.
Eighteen players represent the AFC, while 11 come from the NFC. Listed below are the names of all honorees for the 2020 season.
First Team Offense:
- Quarterback: Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
- Running Back: Derrick Henry, Tennessee Titans
- Tight End: Travis Kelce Kansas City Chiefs
- Wide Receiver: Davante Adams, Green Bay Packers
- Wide Receiver: Stefon Diggs, Buffalo Bills
- Wide Receiver: Tyreek Hill, Kansas City Chiefs
- Left Tackle: David Bakhtiari, Green Bay Packers
- Right Tackle: Jack Conklin, Cleveland Browns
- Left Guard: Quenton Nelson, Indianapolis Colts
- Right Guard: Brandon Scherff, Washington Football Teams
- Center: Corey Linsley, Green Bay Packers
First Team Defense:
- Edge: T.J. Watt, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Edge: Myles Garrett, Cleveland Browns
- Defensive Line: Aaron Donald, Los Angeles Rams
- Defensive Line: DeForest Buckner, Indianapolis Colts
- Linebacker: Fred Warner, San Francisco 49ers
- Linebacker: Bobby Wagner, Seattle Seahawks
- Linebacker: Darius Leonard, Indianapolis Colts
- Cornerback: Xavien Howard, Miami Dolphins
- Cornerback: Jalen Ramsey, Los Angeles Rams
- Safety: Tyran Mathieu, Kansas City Chiefs
- Safety: Minkah Fitzpatrick, Pittsburgh Steelers/Budda Baker, Arizona Cardinals (tie)
First Team Special Teams:
- Place Kicker: Jason Sanders, Miami Dolphins
- Punter: Jake Bailey, New England Patriots
- Kick Returner: Cordarrelle Patterson, Chicago Bears
- Punt Returner: Gunner Olszewski, New England Patriots
- Special Teams: George Odum, Indianapolis Colts
- Long Snapper: Morgan Cox, Baltimore Ravens
Second Team Offense:
- Quarterback: Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs and Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills (tie)
- Running Back: Alvin Kamara, New Orleans Saints
- Tight End: Vacant
- Wide Receiver: DeAndre Hopkins, Arizona Cardinals
- Wide Receiver: Justin Jefferson, Minnesota Vikings
- Wide Receiver: Calvin Ridley, Atlanta Falcons, DK Metcalf, Seattle Seahawks and Cole Beasley, Buffalo Bills (tie)
- Left Tackle: Garrett Boles, Denver Broncos
- Right Tackle: Ryan Ramczyk, New Orleans Saints
- Left Guard: Joel Bitonio, Cleveland Browns
- Right Guard: Wyatt Teller, Cleveland Browns
- Center: Ryan Kelly, Indianapolis Colts and Frank Ragnow, Detroit Lions
Second Team Defense:
- Edge: Khalil Mack, Chicago Bears
- Edge: Za’Darius Smith, Green Bay Packers
- Defensive Line: Chris Jones, Kansas City Chiefs
- Defensive Line: Cam Heyward, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Linebacker: Devin White, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Linebacker: Demario Davis, New Orleans Saints
- Linebacker: Lavonte David, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Roquan Smith, Chicago Bears (tie)
- Cornerback: Jaire Alexander, Green Bay Packers
- Cornerback: Tre’Davious White, Buffalo Bills
- Safety: Jamal Adams, Seattle Seahawks
- Safety: Jessie Bates III, Cincinnati Bengals
Second Team Special Teams:
- Placekicker: Justin Tucker, Baltimore Ravens
- Punter: Jack Fox, Detroit Lions
- Kick Returner: Andre Roberts, Buffalo Bills
- Punt Returner: Jakeem Grant, Miami Dolphins
- Special Teams: Matthew Slater, New England Patriots
- Long Snapper: Luke Rhodes, Indianapolis Colts
Published at Fri, 08 Jan 2021 18:58:25 +0000