Los Angeles Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs: Line and Betting Trends for Week 17
The Los Angeles Chargers (6-9) bring a three-game winning streak into a matchup with the Kansas City Chiefs (14-1), winners of 10 straight, on Sunday, January 3, 2021 at Arrowhead Stadium. Los Angeles is a 4.5-point favorite in the game. The point total is set at 42.5 for the game.
- Game Day: Sunday, January 3, 2021
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Kansas City, MO
- Stadium: Arrowhead Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Chargers Betting Insights
- Los Angeles has put together an 8-7 record against the spread this season.
- The Chargers are just 1-2 ATS when playing as at least 4.5-point favorites.
- Most of Los Angeles’ games this year — eight out of 15 — have hit the over (53.3%).
- The Chargers average points scored this season (23.1) and the Chiefs points allowed (21.6) are within 1.5 points of each other.
- In games where Los Angeles score at least 23.1 points this season, they are 3-4 overall and 4-3 against the spread.
- Kansas City is 9-0 overall and 6-3 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 21.6 points.
Chiefs Betting Insights
- Kansas City has a losing 7-8 record against the spread.
- The Chiefs are just 5-7 ATS when an underdog by at least 4.5 points.
- Most of Kansas City’s games this year — eight out of 15 — have failed to go over the point total (53.3%).
- The Chiefs, on average, score 3.1 more points per game this season (30.1) than the Chargers allow (27).
- In games where Kansas City scores at least 30.1 points this season, they are 8-1 overall and 5-4 against the spread.
- When Los Angeles allows opposing offenses to put 27 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 4-3 overall and 5-2 against the spread.
|Chiefs (+4.5)||Over (42.5)||Chiefs 35 Chargers 16|
- The average point total for Chargers games this season is 7.6 more points than the total of 42.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Chiefs this season is 9.2 points higher than this game’s over/under.
- The Chargers and their opponents have combined to record more than this matchup’s over/under (42.5 points) in 73.3% of their games this season (11 of 15 opportunities).
- Kansas City and its opponents have combined to score more than 42.5 points in 80% of their games this year (12 of 15 opportunities).
- The Chargers and the Chiefs combine to average 10.7 more points per game than the over/under of 42.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 48.6 points per game, 6.1 more than the point total in this game.
Chargers vs Chiefs: Last 5 Meetings
Kansas City has a 4-1 advantage over Los Angeles in the last five matchups between these two squads. The Chiefs are 2-1 against the spread in those games against the Chargers. Kansas City has had the scoring advantage in those five matchups, totaling 144 points while Los Angeles scored 115.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|9/20/2020||Chiefs||Chargers||-8.00||47.00||-360||+300||479-414 LAC||23-20 KC|
|12/29/2019||Chiefs||Chiefs||-9.5||45.5||-400||+340||366-336 LAC||31-21 KC|
|11/18/2019||Chiefs||Chargers||-5.5||52||-245||+210||438-310 LAC||24-17 KC|
|12/13/2018||N/A||Chiefs||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||407-294 LAC||29-28 LAC|
|9/9/2018||N/A||Chargers||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||541-362 LAC||38-28 KC|
Betting Insights: Last Three Games (Both Teams)
- Los Angeles is 3-0 against the spread and 3-0 straight up over their last three contests.
- The under has been familiar to Los Angeles. They have failed to reach the total two times in their last three outcomes.
- The Chargers and their opponents have combined to score an average of 43 points in their last three games, 0.5 more than the 42.5 over/under in this matchup.
- Kansas City has struggled to cover lately, going 1-2 against the spread and 3-0 straight up over their last three contests.
- Kansas City has hit the over two times in their last three contests.
- The Chiefs total over the last three games is 8.2 points greater than the 42.5 over/under listed for this matchup.
Chargers: OT Bryan Bulaga: Out (Foot), TE Virgil Green: Out (Ankle), C Mike Pouncey: Out (Hip), DE Melvin Ingram III: Out (Knee), CB Casey Hayward Jr.: Out (Hamstring), WR Keenan Allen: Out (Illness), SS Jahleel Addae: Out (Calf), OL Ryan Groy: Out (Illness), DE Joey Bosa: Out (Concussion), TE Hunter Henry: Out (Illness), FS Rayshawn Jenkins: Out (Ankle), OT Sam Tevi: Questionable (Knee), SS Derwin James: Out (Meniscus/illness), OLB Uchenna Nwosu: Out (Knee), OLB Malik Jefferson: Out (Shoulder), ILB Kyzir White: Out (Undisclosed), CB Brandon Facyson: Out (Illness), ILB Drue Tranquill: Out (Ankle)
Chiefs: G Kelechi Osemele: Out (Knee), OT Mitchell Schwartz: Out (Back), RB Le’Veon Bell: Questionable (Knee), OT Mike Remmers: Out (Back), WR Sammy Watkins: Out (Calf), LB Anthony Hitchens: Out (Illness), WR Tyreek Hill: Out (Hamstring), DE Taco Charlton: Out (Leg), DT Derrick Nnadi: Questionable (Knee), LB Dorian O’Daniel: Questionable (Ankle), ILB Emmanuel Smith: Out (Hamstring), LB Ben Niemann: Out (Hamstring), CB Alex Brown: Out (Torn Acl), RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire: Out (Ankle)
More Recent NFL News
Published at Sun, 03 Jan 2021 08:00:23 +0000