Carolina Panthers at Washington: Odds and Computer Picks December 27, 2020
Oddsmakers expect the Carolina Panthers (4-10) to be competitive in their attempt to end their three-game losing streak, as they are just 1.0-point underdogs in a matchup against the Washington Football Team (6-8) on Sunday, December 27, 2020 at FedExField. The point total is set at 41.5 for the contest.
- Game Day: Sunday, December 27, 2020
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Landover, MD
- Stadium: FedExField
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Washington Betting Insights
- Washington has an 8-5-1 record against the spread.
- Washington is 2-1 ATS when playing as at least 1.0-point favorites.
- Washington’s games have gone under the point total in eight out of 14 opportunities this season (57.1%).
- Washington puts up 21.6 points per game, 3.8 fewer than Carolina surrenders per outing (25.4).
- Washington is 5-1 against the spread and 5-1 overall a season ago when the team records at least 21.6 points.
- When Carolina allows opponents to score no more than 23.1 points, it has a 4-2 record against the spread and a 1-5 record overall.
Panthers Betting Insights
- Carolina has an 8-6 record against the spread.
- Carolina has a losing ATS record of 0-3 when playing as at least 1.0-point underdogs.
- Carolina’s games have hit the over in seven out of 14 outings this season (50%).
- Carolina scores just two more points per game (23.1) than Washington allows (21.1).
- Carolina is 4-2 against the spread and 1-5 overall a season ago when the team puts up at least 23.1 points.
- Washington has a 5-1 record against the spread and a 5-1 record overall in games when it allows 21.6 points or less.
|Football Team (-1)||Over (41.5)||Football Team 26 Panthers 19|
- Seven of Washington’s games have gone over 41.5 points this season (50% of matchups).
- Carolina has played nine games this year that finished with a combined score higher than 41.5 points (64.3% of its outings).
- These teams average a combined 44.7 points per game, 3.2 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- Opponents of these teams average 46.5 combined points per game, 5.0 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Washington’s outings this year have an average point total of 42.6, 1.1 more points than this game’s over/under.
- Carolina’s outings this season have a 48.5-point average over/under, 7.0 more points than this game’s point total.
Washington vs Carolina: Last 5 Meetings
Carolina holds a 3-2 advantage over Washington in the last five meetings between these two teams. Washington have a 1-0 record against the spread in those games against Carolina. Carolina has had the upper hand scoring in those five matchups, recording 129 points while Washington notched 96.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|12/1/2019||Panthers||Panthers||-10.5||38.5||-560||+460||362-278 WAS||29-21 WAS|
|10/14/2018||N/A||Washington||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||350-288 CAR||23-17 WAS|
|12/19/2016||N/A||Washington||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||438-335 CAR||26-15 CAR|
|11/22/2015||N/A||Panthers||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||368-186 CAR||44-16 CAR|
|11/4/2012||N/A||Washington||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||337-330 WAS||21-13 CAR|
Betting Insights: Last Three Games (Both Teams)
- Washington has gone 3-0 against the spread and 2-1 overall in their last three contests.
- Washington has gone under the total three times in their last three contests.
- Washington and its opponents have combined to score an average of 37.7 points over its last three games, 3.8 less than the 41.5 over/under in this matchup.
- Carolina has been in top form recently, going 2-1 against the spread and 0-3 straight up over their last three games.
- The over has been friendly to Carolina. They have gone over the total two times in the last three contests.
- Carolina has averaged a total of 51.3 combined points over its last three games, 9.8 greater than this game’s total of 41.5.
Washington: OLB Thomas Davis Sr.: Out (Knee), QB Alex Smith: Questionable (Calf), ILB Kevin Pierre-Louis: Questionable (Ankle), SS Landon Collins: Out (Torn Achilles), FS Deshazor Everett: Out (Chest), DT Matt Ioannidis: Out (Bicep), TE Temarrick Hemingway: Out (Wrist), ILB Reuben Foster: Out (Knee), OLB Ryan Anderson: Out (Knee), OT Geron Christian Sr.: Out (Knee), ILB Shaun Dion Hamilton: Out (Elbow), QB Kyle Allen: Out (Ankle), CB Greg Stroman: Out (Foot), WR Emanuel Hall: Out (Torn Achilles), WR Kelvin Harmon: Out (Torn Acl), RB Bryce Love: Out (Knee), WR Terry McLaurin: Doubtful (Ankle), RB Antonio Gibson: Questionable (Toe), TE Thaddeus Moss: Out (Foot), OL Saahdiq Charles: Out (Knee)
Panthers: OT Russell Okung: Doubtful (Calf), DT Kawann Short: Out (Shoulder), OLB Adarius Taylor: Questionable (Ankle), K Michael Palardy: Out (Torn Acl), DE Stephen Weatherly: Out (Finger), RB Christian McCaffrey: Doubtful (Thigh), WR Keith Kirkwood: Out (Clavicle), RB Reggie Bonnafon: Out (Ankle), DE Austin Larkin: Questionable (Shoulder), OT Greg Little: Out (Ankle), OLB Brian Burns: Questionable (Knee (mcl)), G Dennis Daley: Out (Concussion), WR Omar Bayless: Out (Knee), CB Troy Pride Jr.: Out (Groin), DT Bravvion Roy: Questionable (Knee)
More Recent NFL News
Published at Sun, 27 Dec 2020 09:00:21 +0000